We are glad to be through another term and having a few weeks break from the usual activities, including kindy, preschool, playgroup and youth. Owen has been tired toward the end of this term and so a few weeks with a less stressful schedule should help. He is very excited about the lead up to Christmas though (peaking VERY early). The other day he asked if we could set up our Christmas tree in the corner like last year... ahhhh, NO. Daddy would kill us.
We are nearly done with the Christmas shopping (we think?!!) and that at least feels good to not need to worry about such things close to the time. Church life seems to speed by in preparation for the end of the year and no doubt the weeks will wizz by once next term starts.
Imogen is still very very busy, and happily settled into a one sleep per day routine. It is unusual for me to get 2 hours out of her, but still I hope for that every day! She is so happy when she is up playing with her baby dolls and Albert and doing puzzles and drawings that she really is no bother. She is still so interested in everything that I rarely find myself having to ENTERTAIN her at all. Owen is still very computer obsessed, although they both hang out for outside play all the time. It is not uncommon to find either of them (OR BOTH!) at the back door boots on and hats asking to go out despite gale force wind gusts or rain.... oh well!! Some days I let them and just surrender yet another outfit to the wash pile, but while they are both still well I am very reluctant - I want to try to keep it that way!!
I have come down with some sort of cold/virus/flu thing with achy body, sore throat, headache, blocked sinuses and some fever on and off in the last 48 hours so Lee (LIFE SAVER!) has let me sleep the last 2 afternoons away in the hope that that will rescue the coming week and see a quicker recovery or less severe bout. I am hoping it works too!! I know he will be looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.
We had the Garage sale at church yesterday and they raised 1300 dollars, and my cell group girls and I were selling bake sale goods for our mission project and took about $85. We sold the rest today at church and have made over $150 which is great. We were aiming for this, because the Rape and Abuse Crisis centre though they would need about $150 to develop and frame the professional protraits of the children they are working with next term in their Voyage program. It has been a great experience for the cell group girls (and me) and we are looking forward to expanding our cell group next term to include other girls who want to join.
Anyway, will add some other photos and what not to show you what else the kids have been doing. Never a dull moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment