Friday, October 15, 2010

First week back

We are already one week into an only 9 week term, so that means it must be only 9 weeks to Christmas and Nanna and Pop coming and lots of other fun things! Owen asked AGAIN this morning if we could put up the Christmas tree.... he is nothing if not persistent. He has been being a bit trying the last week and a bit. This week he has been banned from TV, the computer and his little laptop most days because of talking back and general rudeness. He is not being a very pleasent 3 year old. I am hoping it is a phase that too shall pass...
Imogen is struggling to maintain a day sleep longer than 30 minutes and has gone back to 2 naps a day some days this week. She is a real rabbit and hard to work out. But she has never been much for resettling when disturbed from a sleep, so we are just persisting. She is still pretty happy and interested in everything most of the time at the moment so it's not too bad!
The holiday program went really well last week with 30 kids attending and lots of great parent feedback and interaction on the last night for a family dinner. We had about 70 people at the church for that. It is very encouraging.
We are back into the swing of everything now - Music and playgroup and youth. I have a new girl coming to cell group on Tuesdays and that is going well, started this week. We have been busy with Lee doing a funeral in Wellington this week (Mark is on leave) and Church Workers Conference in Auckland next week for 3 days (Tues-Thursday). Owen is looking forward to going on the plane, and I am hoping the trip will be worth it - I am going with to plan National Youth stuff, so hopefully it is a productive trip and the kids cope ok.
I feel Christmas will be here before we know it so I really need to finish my quilt and some Christmas projects too! No doubt the weeks will wizz by. I'll let you know when we cave and let Owen start getting out the decorations. Lee would last til the week before Christmas but I am a sucker for Christmas and the celebration of the baby Christ!

No comments: