Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I can't believe how the time flies these days - a month already since I last posted - how is that possible??! It seems like just "the other day".
We are in the full swing of Christmas parties and end of year celebrations (and that means for me hanging up my hat on a lot of ministry and voluntary things in prep for the coming 3rd Kroehn baby). We are so excited - probably not as excited as Nanna who just CAN NOT wait for February to creep around - and also a little nervous wondering how on earth we are going to raise 3 kids and keep sane and slept. Why does God give us these crazy ideas? I have no idea -
We have only enough good sense to trust that that which he asks us to do, he will provide all we need to accomplish. I really do want to raise really good, cool kids, who love Jesus and love other people. It's a tough ask in today's climate though.
I've been collecting a lot of encouragement from my other Mum friends and especially Pastor's wifey types lately, and love browsing blogs of crafty Mamma's and can't wait to start all over again with another little person, enjoying a whole new range of activities with my kids in a new stage of inspiration to be a great stay at home mum...
This week I'm thinking about salt dough christmas tree ornaments and died pasta noodle necklaces - can't believe I haven't done it sooner!
At the Preschool Christmas Concert with his friend, Michael: they were both shepherds in the play although at this point they are meant to be singing and dancing, can't you tell?!
 Will put up some footage of the drama once I've edited it off the video camera...
With their Christmas Gift from Preschool: a book each.

Imogen with her book.

Tree up and lights shining.

The Christmas Quilt is up...

Stockings are hung... Advent calander in use...

Christmas parcels (about 9!) ready to post, baubles on display, baby growing fast...

Wreath on the door...

Nativity out where Imogen can reach it this year: she is very careful, but likes to put the donkey up on the second story like Mummy does, and has lots of kisses for baby Jesus.

Fairy lights on the house: my lovely wonderful husband obliged me this year for the first time!

No comments: