How busy life has become just recently!
Alas the blog gets neglected at these times although I am thankful for writting letters, sending emails and facebook of all things: at least we manage to keep in touch in these other small ways...
 |
| First day! |
Owen is thriving at school. He just loves it. He has some good little friends in his class: Brayden and Hamish in particular. He is also fortunate enough to go to a lovely little Christian school where lots of the girls from the older classes think he's just "soooo cute" and so indluge him and play with him too. He calls them his friends. I call them his "fan club". Also in the fan club are all his teachers! He is doing very well with his reading and maths, already into the 2nd groups for both and streaking ahead. He can recogise all 25 sight words and understands how to sound out words which is just so exciting for us to see. He excitedly brings home his homework bag and loves to read to us and recognise letters and words round about the community. Amazing what 7 short weeks can do!
 |
| Sports Uniform |
I can hardly believe that we will be on a plane in 3 weeks coming over to Australia. We are really looking forward to the time with our family. But the kids have a list so big of things to do that I'm not really sure how we will fit it all in in just 2 weeks!

Imogen is loving preschool and her new special 2 times a week with her Nanny Amanda. Amanda is such a gift to us, as the kids have a really special bond with her and love the time she is "in charge" while Mummy works. I've taken on 10 hours a week admin work for the Lutheran Support Ministries committee: lots of ChildSafe things I was already doing plus a bit more: writting articles and resources and keeping communication flowing round about. It seems to be going ok 3 weeks in.

Imogen is a real little star at Ballet, loving to dance and practices at home a lot. She wants to do it all: gymnastics and swimming and ballet and maybe learn some music too.... I don't know how she thinks she will fit in so many extra curricular activities. Or how we will pay for them all!! One thing at a time I guess! She is learning to write her name and has just mastered all the letters but not always in the right order! She is very bright and loves colouring and writting and reading stories occasionally. She still is the most active of our bunch jumping, riding bikes and scooters and dancing around, hardly sitting still.
She still loves cucumbers, and my highlight of the week was getting 2 for $3.
I know, my life is pretty sad. But Lee was excited too. So that made me feel a bit better!
No comments:
Post a Comment