But now that I think about it - it's ok to take as many pictures as you want - I am soooo cute!
how time is flying...
can't believe it is friday already tomorrow...
Sunday afternoon to Tuesday we went to Wellington and had a really nice time. We stayed in a nice apartment in the city, right next to the motorway and walking distance to shops and cable car. Monday morning it looked like it would be a nice day, but alas, when we reached the top of the cable car ride at the botanic gardens it was drizzling, and after we looked around the museum it was raining quite steadily, so we had to catch the car back to the city - not that Owen was upset, all we were hearing was
"Whooo woo".
He thought it was a train...
Monday afternoon the kids had a sleep and I went and picked up a Exersaucer (like a walker, but different) that I bought off Trade me for $5 - bargain! and then when Owen got up we went to the Whitfields. Owen and Charlie had a lovely time playing together. At one point Charlie put on a DVD and Owen got up in the single arm chair next to her and they sat together watching - priceless! Wish I had a camera! And Owen declared he is going to marry Charlotte so, there you go, number one is already matched up nicely to another PK.
Tuesday morning we were al moving a bit slow due to a crazy bad nights sleep - not quite sure what the problem was, but I think Owen was just missing home. So we went to Te Papa and saw a tiny portion more of the museum after 3 hours - the outside rainforest walk, the 3D squid movie - Owen got scared so I had to leave with him while Lee watched, the Maori huts/houses and the interactive room in that section. Owen had fun playing with the Maori labelled blocks (kakariki - green, kowhai - red etc etc) and a little wooden car thing... see the video.
We travelled home and were tired - Lee even had a little sleep before going out to Marton for a church meeting that night.
Anyway, life keeps rolling on. Owen is still making making making - not quite sure where I am going to put all the drawings and masterpieces, but look in your mailbox soon - thats all there is for it at the moment! Imogen is loving to stand in the new exersaucer, and tonight kept throwing herself forward on the couch - really going to have to either have her on the floor or strapped into the bouncer because she is very keen. You also have to watch your dinner if she's on your lap because she'll grab your food or fork if you're not looking/concentrating and have it too close... I am still going to make her wait one more month before we start solids even though I do not doubt she is interested. 4 months old today, growing up so fast, getting so clever. And Owen is warming to her too, giving her toys and her dummy, its lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment