Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 2 and a half in Oz

Well, it has been eventful to say the least and getting busier, time flying by over here in Oz. We can't wait to be home with Dad, but Owen is loving this week with Poppa and Nanna... many many treats and giggles.
Last week we went to the farm Tuesday and Wednesday and had a lovely time with Bec and Bella (Tim was working hard!). It was a relaxing time seeing as Bec and I just really kept having naps whenever the kids were in bed!! The benefits of having a pregnant sister is that she really doesn't mind going for a nap! Thursday we went down the street with Granny and did a spot of shopping. Then went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for afternoon tea and dinner for Grandma's 75th birthday. It was a lovely day. Friday through Sunday we were at a holiday house in Murray Bridger with the whole Pfitzner family clan (BJ and Kim, Bec, Tim and Bella, Gma and Gpa, Ma, Granny and Papa). We had "fake christmas" (according to Kim) on Saturday, a lovely meal and pressies in the afternoon before out to Dundee's for a buffet tea. No one was really hungry after that (as all good Christmas expereinces should be!). Owie got a soft serve ice cream for tea, after his salt and pepper squid - Kim wasn't sure if she should let Owen pick it, but I assured her, no no he eats it, and surely enough he did ÿum yum"...
Sunday afternoon we drove home via a quick stop in at Jamie and Amy's place to see Ella and baby on the way happily growing with 11 weeks to go. They are all in good form and it was lovely to see them again. Hopefully when we're back in January we might be able to meet the latest Fewster installment!
Sunday night on we have been at Nanna and Pops, but Immy hasn't been a very happy camper for mum... Actually we have all been a bit under the weather this last week. Friday we were at the Dr to check out Owen and me - Owen ok but a cold, I needed antibiotics for a chest infection. Immy was at the Dr Monday because unfortunately it seems the antibiotic I am on has upset her tummy through my breast milk and I need to keep taking it until at least Wednesday night so the Dr says, just give her panadol every 4 hours through the night as she wakes to keep her settled and hopefully it will settle down once you stop the antibiotics.... not much sleep getting done by mummy at night as a result, but I am hanging out to get home and maybe Owen can have a holiday at Carol's house (he was SOOOO excited to see Dad and Paul and Carol on the blog today!) while I catch up on sleep with Immy!
Nanna has been the GREATEST babysitting/grandparenting in the mornings so I can go back to bed for another couple of hours, and she doesnt mind seeing as the kids are so enjoyable! Owen loves the outside early in the morning (today they had a picnic breakfast while I slept) seeing as we are in the middle of a heat wave - we are looking at 6 or 7 days straight over 35 degrees... Palmy's just got nothing on this. I am loving the heat, the sunshine, the warmth. I am not quite sure how we will all cope coming home to mid teens and rain again - it hasnt rained here the whole time. It hasn't even been getting down into the teens overnight during the past few days, and doesn't look like it will cool down til at least Sunday (mid to high 20s)... hopefully that will help me aclimatise slightly before coming home Monday.
Friday we are heading to Adelaide for a Kroehn family holiday - Pop is taking Thursday-Monday off work. Rita has managed to book us an apartment on the Christmas Parade route (happening Saturday) by fluke and so hopefully we will be able to watch from our window in airconditioned comfort... thats my hope anyway. 34 on Saturday...
Will keep you updated.
Hopefully some photos to come.

No comments: