Saturday, January 16, 2010

Whitewater Rafting

Peachy and I went white water rafting north of Mangaweka ('where?' I hear you say - exactly!) and west of Taihape on the Rangatikei river. The rafting guides described the river as typical summer flows with a certain 'bony' nature to the river. That means that the rocks are just under the surface and you'll find them quickly if you fall out!














Peachy and my crew - a young lad called Billy next to me and our guide Brian.














Very cool boating - we're really busy at the moment...














Some small rapids...














Something a little larger.














This is called 'surfing' which is code for filling to boat up with water, I'm sure...



















We had a great time going along the Grade 5 adventure. The views were stunning! Very scenic part of the world, that is when you have time to look when your not paddling or hanging on for dear life!


No comments: