Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another week, another milestone

Jonah is 3 months old this week - well, 12 weeks at any case. Next week he'll have his 3 month birthday to the date. I always feel a little bit sad that the bubba's have to celebrate these milestones with an immunisation jab, followed by a mild fever and some general irritability, although I'd much rather this than death by measles. Or chickenpox. Argh.
I can not get over how cute he is, and how much I love him (more and more each day!). He is always surprising me with his smiles and chats (I often get not much done in a day!). This week he is giving away giggles a lot more freely and learning to hold onto and play with his toys - his favourites being his moosey, the kanga and the plastic rings.
I have really been enjoying the beautiful sunshine in Palmy at the moment - the downside being the cold chilly nights, because of the cold clear nights and mornings. It is such a blessing to be able to get out for a walk, even if the air is cold and Jonah has to be rugged up. I'm looking forward to get back into lots more regular excercise again: finally after 3 months I finally feel just about recovered from the surgery. No one really tells you just how hard recovery after a c-sec is. I had no idea! I really admire all thsoe women who have done it more than once! Although looking at Jonah I can see why they are willing to undergo it all over again. Our children are such a blessing.
Owen is really looking forward to going to school next term at school, and keeps telling Mrs Gill about how he needs to arrange his 5th birthday at preschool because it falls in the holidays and he doesn't want to miss out! He'll be going into a class with lots of his preschool friends: Charis, Romulo and Brayden. It is a lovely Christian school and I just can't wait. I think he'll love it.
Imogen is adjusting to 3 days a week at preschool. She is VERY tired at the end of a Wednesday: often falling asleep on the couch or in the car on the way home. But, on the up side, we are very proud to announce (and ENJOY the benefits of) the fact that she can now go to sleep by herself at night time (without a fingee cuddle or us sitting in her room) and stay in her bed all night until 7am! Praise Jesus! Lee just needs about 2 years of full nights sleep to recover from her coming in to his bed and our room multiple times a night for the past year or so! I really thank God for my beautiful husband who gets up to her (or has let her crawl into his side of the bed) especially while I was pregnant and an earthquake or housefire wouldn't have roused me! Jonah has been treating me with some full nights of sleep since we've been home and I hope that might continue?!! Last night all 3 kids slept all night, until 6.50am. What a dream! Makes me look forward to the future just a little bit more!
Enjoy the happy snappies... my kids are growing up just toooo quick!
 Cheeky monkey!
 Sad face :( He's a little bit sensitive, just like his brother always was: loud noises or surprises or other kids crying all turn out the big old shovel bottom lip followed by the tears for no reason! He's such a sensitive little soul!

 Sea saw!
 At the Esplanade
 Bedtime cuddles
 Poser at the park.
 They still love the trampolines: Imogen's hair is STILL crazy curls. She insists that she is growing it like Rappunzle, down down down to her bottom...

No comments: