I'm having such a great week! No, nothing special really, just a happier baby this week than last and a happier hubby this week than last and 2 very funny other little monkey's to keep me on my toes.
Funny how everyday things can make me happy! We've been baking up a storm (trying to think up new and exciting things to feed the kids for preschool lunchboxes! Imogen in particular is having summer envy because cucumbers now cost $4 each and I can't afford for her to eat one every 2 days!) - yesterday we made scone base mini pizza's in love hearts and stars and choc chip muffins (big ones and mini ones too for playgroup on Friday). I made another batch of awesome thai inspired pumpkin soup (c/o
Rachel Esther) and am thinking about potatoe and leek soup for tomorrow!! I love winter for soups and breads and scones and all things lovely and warm. Has to be the upside to no salad! If only I could convince DD and DS to eat soup?! Any ideas ??? They just wont touch it!
Jonah is giving away smiles and cuddles and giggles to me left right and centre (hard to get things done when all I want to do it chat away to him and enjoy the love!). Imogen and Owen are going hard at Preschool enjoying every minute. Imogen declared yesterday "Owen went to the giraffe today!": that's code for going to the Life Education Van. Another country and 20 years (ok, maybe 25 years!) on and the Life Education Van is still the same with the body/sceleton, stars in the roof and the giraffe puppet that tells you all about your body and looking after it. They've also been doing a personal safety program called "All About Me" that teaches kids how to be safe in their community, how to write their own names, know their addresses and phone numbers and their parents names, and all that other stuff about good touches and bad touches, good secrets and bad secrets and feelings and emotions like happy and sad and angry. Owen is always telling me something new he has learnt at all about me - it makes me so happy to know that while my kids aren't with me, the people they spend time with love them and want the best for them and are taking the time to teach them about how to be safe: in a country like NZ where the child abuse rates are through the roof, and where a large proportion of the abuse that happens to kids comes from people they know like family members and friends, this is just so important to me!
Lee and I are cracking along with our fit for Fiji project - a couple of weeks in and we are still managing to make exercise a more important part of our lives. Not showing much on the outcomes front just yet, but no doubt in time it will all pay off. Hopefully in 18 months time you'll be seeing beautiful pictures of a wonderful holiday we've had in Fiji for my 30th and Lee and I will look healthy and happy with our beautiful family! Its so important for me to have my kids growing up knowing we look after our bodies because they are a gift from God and I want to be able to be active with my kids and enjoy every moment, not feel tired and unable to keep up! With Imogen (who last night has declared she would now like to be a "danicing in the water swimmer" - read
syncronised swimmer) I will need every last drop of energy to keep up with her! She is still a delight and joy everyday! This photo is of her playing in her kitchen the other day: I think she might have been checking the plumbing on the sink Pop?!
 |
| Mummy's girl @ Carol's. |
 |
| Playing in the Autumn leaves: riding sheep @ Carol's |
 |
| So blessed! 3 lovely kids! |
 |
| Cuddles on the couch: Carol, Jonah (12 weeks) and Imogen. |
 |
| I think J is a bit over it... She loves to cuddle him though, until "He's tooo HEAVY Mum!"... |
 |
| Cheeky! |
 |
| Jumping: always on the to do list at Carol's. |
3 comments:
Wow Anna! Life is going swell for you! You know what though...I reckon we should all team up as mum's and we will probably get all the things we need to do in one day done...as I am envious of your cooking skills. A suggestion for soups though as the only soup all three of my girls eat is my chicken and pasta soup. One chicken stock cube, small shell pasta, chicken breast, celery, carrot, potato (add pumpkin cubes, broccoli (just shave the top part...its kind of a waste...but then it sticks to the other veggies..., parsley if you have them as well) and 1.5 L of water. I usually drain most of the stock and drink that myself and give some to isabelle as she drinks it, but the twins just eat the large chunks of veggies and meat with their hands. Because nothing is pureed, they seem to love it...and its pretty children friendly as the flavours are basic and mild. Anyway, maybe give that a go? Luke likes it too sometimes for lunch for a quick meal.
Your photos are lovely! XOXO
Funny you should mention this soup Anna as I made it Sunday lunchtime (although used the roast chicken carcasses from the night before to make the stock while at church with onion and carrots in), and unfortunately, kids were a little cautious STILL! I didn't give them much liquid, asked them only to eat noodles and veg and chicken, but still no go! They are so suspicious of soup! I am going to have to keep presenting it and hope they change their minds (they usually do!! 10 times they say is the trick: if they dont like it after 10, probably never will - at least not in the short term!). Thanks for your ideas. Always love to hear from you xxoo.
Haha well my kids have decided they don't like chicken soup anymore so I'm not in your boat too...will have to think of something else now!
Post a Comment