Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Easter photos

Laying out her stash from the Easter bunny. These photos are best viewed from the other end to here, because they tell the story of how Easter morning and lead up went... but anyway, its too hard to change it now.
BUNNY!!!

"Cuddle cuddle". She was always wanting to cuddle the easter nest and chocolate!
Wendy slept over and the Easter Bunny visited her too!!!
Owen with his nest.







Thanks for that tinsell stuff Bec....
And the gift from Aunty Becky!!!
Sooooooo happy with the stickers!

Opening the present from Granny and Papa - they watched the DVD that morning - it was great!
Turbo time, in holy week leading up to Easter was great - 30 kids eachday, learning about Jesus journey to the cross and ressurection! Families are still feeding back positive news about the program, how much their kids loved it, and Ginny is still singing the theme song (we're a bit over it though!!)Manda and Wendy were probably Ginny's second highlight after the singing!
And the craft time...

Good Friday CrossOur 'mountain' for X Mount. We were explorers on a mountain climb...
The community craft was making large crosses that were displayed in the church over easter.
Our memory verses and the logo...
The awesome hot cross buns I cooked.

Ginny at Twinkle toes last week - first week back - she was VERY enthusiastic - I only caught the end though sadly!

We have had the Wellington Youth Group up for a visit this last weekend and I got to meet Max, Tanja's little boy, just 3 months old! Imogen was doting and adoring and gave him many many cuddles and kisses and toys etc etc. THe baby love does not seem to be lessening, although it seems she has the Mum gene in a big way because when she is not playing dollies lately she is pretending baking with playdough and needs EVERYTHING from my kitchen, including recipie books (butter, sugar; butter, sugar; she says over and over as she pretends to put in the ingredients!!).

O is back a preschool and had a good week last week, although is very tired this week and so hasn't been very happy about us leaving him again!! Same old story! Nevertheless, once he's settled we are getting more and more craft creations coming home again, today a creation made with wool glued on cardboard!Unfortunately too large and stiff to post to anyone! Imogen likes ot have a good crack at painting while I go and volunteer and cut up the fruit for morning mat time on Wednesdays too. I got elected to the Management Committee for Preschool, but seeing as they are having meetings on Monday nights 6pm, I wont be able to go this term unless I cen get someone to cover for me at Lifeskills, which started this week.

On that note, the class was fabulous and reminded me of all the things I used to love about my old job. It's nice to be able to teach young people helpful things in a fun way without any (or hardly any under ChildSafe!) paperwork! They all think I should become a teacher, but I know I'm not cut out for that! I had 6 young people and Rachel from Fielding is helping me as a volunteer as well, which is lovely. Next week we should have 7 young people - 16-19yrs old. It is such a pleasure to teach young people who are receptive and want to be taught!

This Saturday I'm up to Hamilton for the campsite checking out fiasco, and then next weekend is the big getaway to Wellington for the weekend. Carol and Paul are beign very brave and having the kids for 3 days and 2 nights. The trial run went OK - Owie as suspected went to bed at 7, went to sleep and only got up in the morning once Paul was up. Ginny on the other hand is a whole nother story. The short part is that Carol did not get much sleep. We hope next weekend goes better for them, or they will be looking VERY tired when we arrive Sunday afternoon/evening. Nevertheless we are so glad to have them in our lives and their support to our ministry and life here in NZ. They are very special people to us and we feel really blessed to have them in our lives!

No comments: