Well, easter is been and gone and 6 months to advent (shhhh, Lee doesnt like me mentioning that!)! I am so glad that term 2 is about to start because I think the kids have reached their absolute maximum absorption of each other and are starting to overflow - its been all fights and disasters since about Friday afternoon! Owie seems to have an over abundane of testosterone or something again and is punching the air and running in the house CONSTANTLY and being a general noisy boy and unfortunately the Palmy weather decided to turn it up this week so rainy indoorsy type things needed to be discovered (unsuccessfully).
He has been asking about preschool pretty much every day so hopfully when Tuesday comes round there wont be any tears when we leave! Imogen is hanging out for Twinkle Toes music group as well and Little Doves (where she gets to see Babies). She is still a very doting mother to all her teddies and dollies, and has discovered imaginary baking with playdough and all mummys pots and pans and spoons and measurers etc etc. She is happy at least (unlike Owen!).
Unfortunately just not at night. Since we have come home from holidaying in Australia we have had 3 hour screaming matches in the middle of the night when we do not give in to Imogen sleeping either in our bed, our room or one of us in her room. It has been exhausting and a disaster seeing as she wakes Owen and both of us and doesn't seem to be able to settle herself any more. It is a shame we had got used to 3 months worth of full nights sleep... we hope that she will be starting to feel more secure and safe and at home again soon (although it will not be soon enough for us or her I think!). It is heart wrenching to hear her so upset, but we want her to regain her independence sleeping in her room again like she was before the holiday.
Lee and I are busy as per usual with ministry. Cell group is starting up again for me with the girls (they are in their final year at school and so I think this will be my fianl 9 months with them in this format at least), and I am running a life skills group at church this term teaching youth how to get a flat, write a cv, have decent interview skills, cook, clean, eat nutritous meals etc etc. My study with Carey Baptist college is going well. I got a distinction for my first assignment in Adolescent Pastoral Care. I am currently writting a Pastoral Care Policy for the National Youth Camp as my next assignment. It has been really intersting to be thinking about how we do pastoral care in the Lutheran Church and the why or philosophy behind it. I think Lee is nearly sick of me chattign away to him in bed at night about my theories of how and why we do things! I think he is impressed though that his text books are getting a second look in from Sem!
I have an edition of the olive tree to get out this month and the retreat weekend in Wellington for Leadership development. Add in a day trip to Hamilton to assess the NYC campsite for Risk Assessment under Childsafe, and an 18th Birthday party for Wendy (I am bar staff, mixing cocktails and making the cake!) and MAY is looking like a busy month. Stay tuned for photos!
No comments:
Post a Comment