Well... what to say!
It has been one hell of a morning, but I am so thankful that God has worked a miracle and my kids are both asleep giving me some much needed 'time out'. Owen has been turning up the two year old attitude with plenty of refusal, tantrums and time outs and banning from toys, TV etc to no avail today... we went to playgroup, despite his objections and he cried for about the first 45 minutes as things seemed to go from bad to worse constantly - he got pushed over by a 14mth old, a car taken off him, a car given to him, Imogen was crying blah blah blah it goes on - I was thankful however that it didn't seem to just be my kids who had had feral juice for breakfast, as the other kids were fighting, hitting, crying, yelling etc too. It was all a bit of mayhem really, but none the less, nice to catch up with the other mums! I feel like I fit right in these days!
In the end (about the same time morning tea got started - funny about that...) Owen's mood picked up and he played quite happily, alone, with some other kids and some other mums so I'm not really sure what his problem was at the start - he just doesn't seem to want to do anything that I suggest or insist on these days... only about a year more (or 17) to go!
Imogen is growing at a rate of knots, and adding new fat rolls and sounds everyday. She has started giggling and laughing sometimes which is lovely. Unfortunately, she has caught the TV addiction and so when Lee tries to talk to her at night (after Owen is in bed) she will often not want to engage or look at him, but rather just have a cuddle and watch the flat screen... oh well! At least it was a good investment! Imogen is starting to have a bit of a routine (I think...) and I know basically when she will want to feed and sleep. I am feeling pretty confident at reading her cues and usually know what's wrong and what to do to help so we have a pretty happy, content home life (between Owen's tantrums!). She is still sleeping well overnight, usually from 8.30ish until 5 or 6, with a roll over feed at 10 or 10.30ish, and she goes back to sleep until between 7 and 8, so that means that days like today when Owen slept in, we all only got out of bed after 8am - we all needed it because we have all got this annoying tickly cough that is proving hard to shake, and not worth taking any meds for.
Owen is excited because I have bought him some multi vitamins that are meant to help boost the immune system in kids (not sure if its just a crock of crap, but my accupuncturist recommended them, and she seems pretty on the ball about what works and whats not worth it) and he thinks they are like lollies and he gets to have one everyday (although he would like more!). Hopefully that will help him fight off a few more of the bugs that seem to be getting around the place at the moment. His ear infection and gastro bug has all passed us by, so now its just his cough to get rid of and hopefully we'll get back to life as normal as it can be.
I am keeping busy just keeping up with washing and housework, baking for Synod next weekend and preparing for Imogen's baptism this weekend, and Ben and Kim arriving tomorrow (ahhh!!! where does the time go) so I don't really know if I'm coming or going this week... Lee has been on first aid training and is trying hard to start and finish his sermon today so that he can be at youth tonight and take the day down to Wellington tomorrow to get Bj and Kim, but we'll see how things work out. You never know what miracles God can pull off (as is evidenced by my beautiful sleeping kids!).
Right off to do another load of washing, sweep the floors and clean the bathroom. Then maybe think about lunch...
1 comment:
Anna, you are doing so well to keep us all up to date on your family with piccies and comentry. We hope the Baptism day went well and having the extra bodies in the house has some benefits even if it's just reading The Hungry Caterpillar and holding the baby while she watches TV !! Missing you all heaps. Love Granny and Papa
Post a Comment