Monday, May 18, 2009

About time...

It really is about time that I contribute something to this little blog (or Blob as Anna just called it).

Life seems to be going really well. Church is rolling along really well. We now have Amy, our Youth and Family Parish worker on board now - which fantastic. She is a real gem.
We've had some real fun recently - youth has provided most of them. We've nearly had some gang style fights and stealing last week... Which reminds me that we're a place that is loving and forgiving to all people (no matter how hard).
Synod is at Palmerston North this year - so I get to plan a lot more worship services for that weekend.
I've got two baptisms in the works - one on Sunday and then Imogen's on the 14th of June.
I also go fortnightly to the Lutheran Homes and do a communion service for about 12 ladies. Then have lunch with them afterwards - very tough, but someone has to do it.
All in all, I still love my job.

The weather here has gone south - it rains here at least 4 days a week (more if we're really unlucky). Which is a bit crazy for us, coming from drought!!!! So we take the opportunity to get outside whenever the rain stops... even if it is really cold! Lucky Owen loves his Thomas the Tank Engine beanie from the Pietsches.

here's a clip of Imogen from today, she does some talking, has the hiccups and spends some time with Mum...

1 comment:

Penny said...

You sure have beautiful babies. Imogen even sounds like Owie. We love you all heaps. Love from Granny and Papa