Thursday, May 14, 2009

Owen at play

Well, finally the stars aligned for me to finally visit our neighbour Sandy and guess what - SHE WASN'T HOME!! Typical! Owen (pushing his dolls stroller and a dollie - wouldnt leave the house wihtout it!) and I and Imogen walked down to the end of the cultersack and then I had to guess which house was theirs - I ended up guessing based on what was hanging on the washing line! Then I was very brave and walked me and Owen (Owen and dolly went first!) through their front gate that said "Beware of the Dog" - this is a big deal for me! just to get to the front door and ring the bell to have no answer! Luckily also no dog.
Owen was in TOY HEAVEN - and was displaying major signs of covertness - they have a big trampoline and slide, lots of bikes and hoops and skipping ropes - anyway, Owen wasnt keen to leave their yard but I had to explain we couldnt stay because they weren't home and its not our house!!!
My craft group was nice last night, I had 4 women over and we had a good laugh. Everyone seemed ot be having trouble multitasking, and many stitches were dropped or not counted correctly over the course of the night. One woman only managed to cast on and thats it in about an hour and a half.... and she was only making a little baby hat - not that many stitches really! I got started on some Christmas projects - labelled all my material and started cutting. Mum, just a small reminder but have you looked for any embroidery threads or spare scraps of material for me yet? I am starting my stitching one first, so need the threads asap really. Otherwise I'l just go and buy what I need.
The footage is from Owen painting in his magic painting book today from Grandma. He loves it, and it is a perfect rainy day activity. Thankyou Grandma - we love you!

1 comment:

Rachel Esther said...

How cute is Owen painting! And how frustrating that your neighbour wasn't at home. Guess you'll have plenty of other opportunities to catch up.

Your craft group sounds like fun!

Great to read your updates.
Bless, Rach