Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lonely nights...

Well, Lee will be back tomorow morning (thankfully!) but it has still taken me to my last night home alone to write something down about how things have been going. In short: pretty badly overnight, but days have been good. Today I went to the Dr. with Owen and found out he has an ear infection and that explains all the poor nights sleep we've been having, but he has been relatively happy during the days so I hadn't been too worried - until his ear turned bright Red Tuesday and then he banged his hands against his ear a lot that afternoon. Anyway, lots of meds now for him so hopefully he'll improve quickly! Imogen is still fatting up quickly and growing into a little chatterbox with lots of social smiles for all sorts of people. Owen likes her more everyday and is trying to do things for her sometimes, which isn't always helpful... We have kept very busy while Lee has been away because my anxiety was pretty bad Sunday when he left, so keeping busy has kept my mind off things a lot. Monday we went to the library and played on the computers and had a coffee and Owie had a little cup cake, and then in the afternoon we went out to Paul and Carols. They graciously had us for tea so I didnt have to cook for one and a half after fish fingers Sunday night didnt really cut it too well for me... Tuesday we went to Judi and Lawrences for the day (and dinner included! - yay, still no cooking), and Owen had a ball of a time hanging out with Lawrence feeding the chooks and ducks, the donkey, and then going to Rick and Kerry's to see the Deer and play with Josh and James before home for tea. When they got in he sat snuggled up on the couch next to Lawrence for a good 20 minutes watching Spot (current favourite DVD - runs for an hour and half, so a good time consumer in this rainy cold weather). See the picture of Owen and Lawrence and Imogen.
(I also think Owen likes Lawrence a lot because he gave him a whole BAG of lollies when he asked me if he could have 'a lolly'. I was thinking 'a lolly' means one, but aparently Owen deserves to be spoilt because Dad is away... Apparently Lawrence is known in their family as the Lolly Poppa - double pun)
Wednesday we had playgroup as usual, but this is when Owen really started missing Dad because Dad wasnt in his office as usual. He did settle for talking to Amy (layworker), Rob (President) and Vicki (Admin) very happily though. He will be glad when we can see daddy in his office tomorrow at playgroup though. Amy offered to come over with tea Wednesday night (pizza) so still no cooking for me! It was great to have Amy and Terrance to help with Tea time and bathtime so I wasnt on my own with both through the bath at a crappy time of night. Thursday - we have been at Carol's house, and then Drs and home. Carol came and babysat while I got the grocery shopping done and the kids slept (how boring for her again), and then we have just enjoyed dinner together and she is attempting to get Imogen to sleep (I think Owen has finally gone to sleep too - the late afternoon sleep has screwed up the routine, but tomorrow is a new day and DADDY WILL BE HOME - YAY!). I better go and talk to my guests before they go home and leave me for my last few hours of single-parentness... I can't wait to see you tomorrow Lee!


Imogen at Judi and Lawrences - Tuesday.

Owen and Lawrence (The Lolly Poppa) watching TV.

No comments: