Well, Imogen is still growing at a rapid rate, but thankfully this week she has slowed down a little. After two weeks running of 500gm a week weight gain, this week she has cracked 5.2kg with a 250gm gain. Hopefully that means she'll fit in her three zero separates for a few more weeks yet - although lots of the pants are a little on the short side! She is very tall like her brother always was, and not a total fatty, although there are a few fat rolls starting on the legs and arms - and the double chin has arrived in style! Nanna evidenced that today on skype!
We are missing Mum and Dad times two hugely, but Owen the most. He is still walking around the house at times calling out for Pop, but when i tell him that Pop is not here, but in Australia he nods and says 'no' like he remembers that I have told him this before...
We'll get there I guess. I have had a rough week with Lee out a lot and very busy - a funeral Wednesday, out Mon, Thursday and tonight for a youth service, plus i went out Tuesday night. Imogen has been struggling a bit with wind during the day not leaving much time for me to rest or get any house work done, but thankfully she is stil sleeping well at night. Lee has come through with the good guns again and done a few over night stints with the bottle for me, and did all the feeds last night so I know I am very blessed with my husband. Hopefully I can give him a sleep in tomorrow as a reward!
Owen has been up and down with the toilet training, having a few dry days this week, but not the majority. He has also been adjusting (sometimes well, sometimes not so well) to life with just mum and Imogen at home, and has taken to calling Lee MUM as well - Dad appears to have vanished from the vocab - I think as a reaction to needing to talk to me ALL day and no one else! It rained here for more than 48 hours straight so Owen didnt get out the house for 2 days straight and we were all a little stir crazy by the end of that. The TV is certainly getting a good workout on rainy days when Imogen is also beign demanding. Oh well - it wont be forever... I HOPE! (I think I'm pretty over Dora and Night Garden already).
Owen is having a vocab explosion at the moment too - saying all sorts of things - rain, bird, twit twoo (for Owls although applied indiscriminately to all birds now too), cheese, car, bowl, pom pom (at the end of a story book because of the 'Bertie and the Bear' book Mum) and BING (for the sun coming out) - I think this is one of his current favourites. Anytime I mention anything about the sun he says BING. Very cute, but very annoying. Thanks Granny and 'The very hungry catterpillar' - this has gone back to the library.
Thats the news. Maybe some photos again soon.
1 comment:
Hang in there Honey. We are praying for better days (and nights) for you all. Sorry for the "BLING" but sounds like he might forget it soon as the season changes; not that that is all good. Pleased to hear that the talking is getting better. We are missing you all heaps and will be especially on Mother's Day.
Post a Comment