Monday, May 11, 2009

Smiles and giggles

Another day off for Lee is over, and I can feel the week slipping away from us already - days seem to go so quickly at the moment. Tomorrow we are having a welcome morning tea for Amy at the church office, so that will keep us busy in the morning, and meant I needed to ice the honey biscuits today - dont think I'd have gotten to it without a good reason like this!
Playgroup on Wed and Fri, Wedniesday night I have craft group starting again at my place from 730-930, and I am still meaning to drop in on my neighbour Sandy with 4 kids under 6 sometime - she invited me over for a cup of tea when Imogen wasnt even a week old and I still ahvent got there 5 weeks later!! That's life I guess...
Attached some latest snaps - Owen and Lee built lots of big towers today because Imogen slept all afternoon for Lee (typical, but it meant I got a good sleep in too!). We got a big load of wood delivered today, organised by a member of the congregation (saved us about $260), and "the beast" arrived on Friday last week so the "meat freezer" is now fully stocked with steak, mince, corned beef, assorted roasts- yum yum!!!. We are so blessed by the people in our congregation and know that God is so good to us everyday!
Yesterday Owen had an afternoon with Paul and Carol so that I could play keyboard for church at Fielding - it was nice ot be able to get back to playing music again and I think I will play a bit more at Palmy soon too because one of the other piano players is off to the US for 3 weeks and she plays in 2-3 of the bands in every month so they are in need of a fill in! Owen had a great time wiht Paul and Carol - had about 3 seconds of being upset that Lee and I were going, but as soon as Carol suggested they go look at the fish in the pond, the moment was gone and he was happy as larry. Its so nice to have some babysitter grandparent types that Owen enjoys the company of (that also conveniently have farms and animals - always winning points with Owen) - just another way that we are so blessed.

The tower Daddy and I built...


Ahh... a hard life being a baby...






No comments: